2014년 10월 25일 토요일

Week8 - Research

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

My thesis:
People try to justify their behaviors and beliefs.

What I hope to learn from this source:
I want to learn about human mind in extreme occasion, and about self-reflection of themselves.

Notes:
1. Experts set tests in the condition of prison, real prison. They divided attendants to two groups randomly; one is criminals, and the other is polices. Both were promised to get money when they endure the certain days in prison. In the beginning, both got along well with each other. However, polices started to suppress criminals and so criminals started to be cruel toward polices. Both began to think in the way of what they were selected to: polices or criminals. Eventually, their fought was getting bigger, and this led them to kill each other.
2. I think that this experiment shows that humans justify their positions and behaviors toward others in certain cases.

Final thoughts:
People try to justify their behaviors according to Stanford prison experiment.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기