Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect
My topic:
People try to justify their behaviors and beliefs.
What I hope to learn from this source:
I hope to learn about Forer effect (also it is called Barnum effect) that was known to support my thesis.
Notes:
1. psychologist Barnum gathered some experimenters. And experimenters got tests which let them know about their personal characters. Then, the result papers were came out and most attenders recorded that those results are really as same as what they thing they are. However, in fact, all respondents got same result papers. This does not mean that all humans have same personal characters. This means that humans strongly believe the experts' saying and so they justified the results, formative characters to fit with their own characters.
2. I think that this experiment is appropriate to use in my essay, because this proves that humans are not objective rather they are so subjective so that they justify their beliefs, making the results of experts' tests fit with their own ones.
Final thoughts:
People try to justify their beliefs according to Forer(Barnum) effect.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기