The Harvard Sampler (book) - Psychology part by Steven Pinker

My thesis:
People try to justify their behaviors and beliefs.
What I hope to learn from this source:
I hope to find evidences to prove that humans are actually selfish beings.
Notes:
1. The author mentioned 'Ultimatum game' and 'Dictator game'. Ultimatum game shows that humans are sensitive to the responds of other humans and to the reputation which humans would tell to somebody else. This looks like odd, because humans are actually selfish. So he also cited dictator game to show how humans behave without threat from others.
2. This theory exactly shows that human innate minds are actually selfish and they try to get the best advantage in certain cases. So I think I can apply this effect to my topic, saying that humans are so selfish so they would try to justify their behaviors and beliefs when they are in disadvantaged situation like making faults.
Final thoughts:
People try to justify their behaviors and beliefs according to ultimatum and dictator game.
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기